Here is Part 2. This is the blog where we talk about specific oils. I have learned bits over the years and from workshops. I have experimented and tried numerous blends (and not all were good – trust me!) and I have read the book Modern Essentials a few times. I learn something new every time I read it! So here are just a few blends/uses that are common for us in our home.
Again, I use DoTerra brand as this is what I was introduced to after Young Living; and I fell in love with them. However, there are other brands out there such as Eco Essential Oils, Young Living and Plant Essentials (here in Townsville). I always say, pick the brand that you love – just make sure it is not a fake smelling one!
DIFFUSERS: I have (almost) one in every room; the main ones are the studio, the living room and our bedroom. And these 3 get a daily workout! I often have these diffusers ready to go with the push of a button for when I get home from work, or it is close to bed time or in the studio when I am filming and teaching.
1. Relaxation, De-compression & Slowing Down:
Diffuse these bad boys next to your bed for up to 8 hours and to help you get to sleep quicker…. Lavendar, Lavendar Peace and my personal favourite EasyAir(this one reduces snoring!).
I will admit I have been cleaning our house with KOH cleaner…..and adding my own essential oils to the mix. I highly rate this combo – a cleaner I trust and beautiful smelling oils. Here is a simple blend of 3 mixtures (popped into a spray bottle)…
- 2 tbs Vinegar, 2 cups water & 10 drops of lemonessential oil – glass, mirrors and counter top’s galore!
- 2 cups of water, 10 drops OnGuard. Use for Everything – and includes bacterial protection.
- 2 tbs Eucalyptus oil, 5 peppermint oil, 2 cups water. We use this mixture at the studio to clean our vinyl on the reformers and mats!
3. Aches & Pains
Essential oils are my go to after a big workout, and for all general aches and pains such as headaches, skin rashes, cuts, burns, bites, fungal skin/nail infections, dandruff, sinus… and so the list goes on. Here are my favourite uses:
- Peppermint – Headaches and breath freshener.
- EasyAir – Blocked nose, head cold and generally for sleeping.
- Ice Blue – sore muscles rubbed on directly or in a bath with magnesium salts.
- Lavender – On cuts as a disinfectant.
Here are a few other FAVOURITE BLENDS:
Bright & Crisp Morning
- 4 drops lavender
- 4 drops lemon
- 2 drops rosemary
- 1 drop grapefruit
- 2 drops Yland Ylnag
- 2 drops geranium
- 1 drop lavender
- 1 drop rose
Studio Class Bliss
- 2 drops range
- 2 drops grapefruit
- 2 drops lime
- 1 drop clove
- 4 lavender
- 4 lemon
- 4 rosemary